Museum exposition depicts literature process in Ukraine from the times of Kievan Rus till our days. Among the museum relics — antique book editions of XVII-XVIII centuries, lifetime editions of Taras Shevchenko and Ivan Franko books, handwritten copies of Lesya Ukrainka, private stuff of Panas Mirniy, Nechuy-Levitskiy and other outstanding Ukrainian writers.
Museum of Literature had opened its doors in 1986. It is situated in historical center in the building of the end of XIX century. From 1871 here was situated one of the best educational institutions of Kiev — Pavel Galagan College. This place is also known by the fact that in 1885 and 86 in the library of the building worked famous Ukrainian poet and writer — Ivan Franko. In 1886 in the chapel of the building he got married with Olga Horujinska.
Back to top