«Battle for Kiev» museum

«Battle for Kiev» museum
address
Vyshgorodskiy region, Novye Petrovtsy village
phone
+38(04596) 451 23, +38(04596) 326 72
website
http://battleforkyiv.org.ua

Museum exposition tells about the events of the year 1943 autumn, forcing the Dnieper, creation of Lutezh springboard, run of Kiev offensive operation.

Museum history

«Kiev battle» museum was founded in March 1945. Just here, in the village Novye Petrovtsy, was located command observation post of general Vatutin, commander of the 1-st Ukrainian front. Exactly from this spot, from Lutezh springboard was undertaken attack and Kiev liberation from German invaders.

In 1945 government proclaimed Novye Petrovtsy territory a national park. There were reconstructed over 650 meters of entrenchments, shelters and command observation posts. In 1958 there was installed a monument — grand figure of the warrior from forged copper on a high pedestal.

In 1993 in the honor of 50 anniversary of Kiev liberation there was created museum-diorama «Kiev battle». Today five halls contain more than thousand relics and materials associated with Kiev defense in 1941 and liberation of Ukrainian capital and Kiev region in 1943. One may see photos, materials, personal belongings of the participants of the fighting and directly diorama. It’s length is 27 meters and width is 7 meters. Near the museum there is an exhibition of the military hardware of the Second World war period.

Veterans — Heroes of the Soviet Union, order holders and descendants of the Second World war soldiers to memorize perished warriors planted in the national park 70 types of rare trees, thus creating a Memorial Park.

In 1996 to the National park «Kiev battle 1943» museum was assigned a status of the State National park.

Comments0

No comments yet

    Leave your comment

    Comment was succesfully created!

    captcha

    Back to top